Wednesday, January 1, 2014

one.word

2013 was a hard year, but oh, so worth it.

Trust. That was my one word. (Psalm 112) God even gave me art.


I said good-bye to a company I loved because God made it ever-so-clear that the work environment was killing me. The despotic, disrespectful, dysfunctional director was not moving. I was.


I said hello to a smaller, family-owned company where I am treated with kindness, respect and professionalism. They welcomed me with a Harry and David Tower of Treats - it arrived on my last day with my former employer. They didn't know - but God did.


I said good-bye to another beloved companion, Dylan. He was a true snuggler.


And hello to Henry, the birthday kitty. So small that his eyes were still blue. He has grown into a 15-pound Hun.



I said good-bye to my wild and wonderful, wacky (and weedy) garden.


I said hello to a re-structured garden - one that better displays its beauty. Blooming Groovy!


I said hello to this little guy, our first grandchild.




I said good-bye to this guy, the one I've never lived without.

 

Trust settled me in this truth - "Be still, my soul - in every change, He faithful will remain."

On this day, 01/01/14 - I look forward to a new word and a new year.

Clear words dropped into my mind (unconsciously) when I woke this morning. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him..." (Romans 15:13)

Will you join me in the one-word adventure for 2014?

One word.

Be inspired.

Happy New Year!



No comments: